Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh, btw... Life doesn't actually suck right now.

I do apologize for all the negativity in my posts lately. I'm actually not miserable.
I'm actually further from misery than I have been in quite some time.

The good points:

Work:
I complain about it here and there, but I do love my job right now.
It's so much better than my summer job had been.
Thank you GOD! I'm not in a cubicle.

I just hope to never be robbed, ok.

The ladies I work with are fantastic. The office manager dude is awesome. Down to earth, awkward and funny. I love the people I work with. It's fantastic, what more can you ask for... other than a raise?

So, work is good. This is part of the reason I actually feel ok about life.
Can I just mention again that I am so happy I did NOT take the graphic design internship back in May? Sometimes you just have to trust your gut.

Anyway... Tomorrow, we open our office. We're thinking it might be a slow day, since everyone has seen people working on the outside of the building all last week. No one thinks we could possibly ACTUALLY open tomorrow. (But we are because we rock.)

I'm the only single gal in the office too. So all the ladies want to help me out in finding a man, haha.

School:
Well, this is not so much of a bright spot, but I am surviving, thus far.
It is a source of my insanity and oil paint is not my thing. In fact, I suck. I'm not sure that I'll ever not suck.
However, I do like watercolor, so -- yay.

Too bad I'm kind of stuck using oil, for the most stuff.

J:
Yeah, I know. It's weird. He has been fantastic. (I'm over using that word.)
Sometimes it's worth being awesomely patient and getting to know someone.

He's made me laugh so many times in the past month. We've had political arguments (we are on opposite ends of the McCain/Obama spectrum and he think Palin is "hot" *shudder*) and dumb discussions about sex. We've also addressed religion, spirituality, art and current events. We went hiking and had fun.

Basically, we are kind of awesome right now. I'm enjoying it, I think he is too.
I hope his is too.

So, all in all -- Life is good.


Sorry I've been so negative sounding lately. I've honestly been relatively happy. I've been using my posts as a way to vent my stress and I've ignored the happy parts of my life and there have been many. <3

No comments: