Simple and tasty.
Simple sausage and potatoes
(My sister helped with this one, she suggested the addition of cumin and parsley.)
- 1 lb of hot or sweet italian sausage (turkey sausage works fine) cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 lbs small red potatoes (also cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 red peppers (cut into thin strips)
- 1 large onion (cut into small wedges)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut everything up as directed. Place the veggies and potatoes in a bowl as you go.
2. Dump veggies and potatoes into a cake pan, toss with olive oil, cumin, pepper, salt and parsley. Place sausage pieces on top.
3. Bake at 450 for 45 minutes, stirring about halfway through. (It is important that your potatoes are bite sized so they cook all the way through.)
4. Stir, serve, enjoy.