Sunday, July 20, 2008

Something old.

So, I'm back to school... again.

I've touched on this in my introduction.

Now, I get to navigate the world of job searching... which is limited a little by my inability to work Friday mornings now due to class.

I also do not want to take on too much of a work load, since I'll be taking 5 classes total. At least one is very reading intensive. I know my Painting class will be time consuming. So, I will need time for that.

So... what to do, what to do.
I'd like to get some sort of experience in a classroom, since I have none... but I don't know where to start there.

I know I dislike office work, but I can continue it if the pay is decent. I'm going to mention that possibility tomorrow, while I'm helping Mrs. Boss Lady organize her office. If she is interested, that might be the path of least resistance. And if they don't dock my pay, it will be about twice as nice as my previous student working experience.

Sheetz (yes, a gas station) was recommended to me by a friend for the simple reason that they offer tuition reimbursement. This is something that would be really nice when it comes to paying for the next 2 or 3 years of school. At $9.25/hr, it pays better than any student worker jobs I am aware of and if I start this semester I should be able to get the tuition perk by next semester.

If I stick with my office job, I do not get the tuition perk. If I go back to student working, I will not have the tuition perk or decent pay (but a very flexible schedule). Unfortunately, Sheetz seems to offer flexible scheduling and that tuition perk. I never thought I'd consider working at a gas station.

Oh, this girl's head is spinning. I need to figure something out that will work.

It is going to storm now. It is windy. It's wonderful.

No comments: