Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goodbye funk, hello adventure!

I'm going to drive myself to D.C. this weekend.

Why, might you ask, would I do something silly like that?
Because I should.
Because I have a weekend!
(Weekends don't happen in my world. Not often. )
Because I've been in an inescapable funk for the past, er, month and I needed to snap myself out of it.
Because a lovely girl (from here on out will be referred to as LG) who lives there sent me photos of the paper at Georgetown's Paper-Source.
Oh, and because LG rocks and has also offered me a roof to sleep under. :)

So far the only two planned things are a trip to Paper-Source, where I will inevitably fall in love and want to live/work there. I will also charge WAY too much paper to my credit card, I'm sure.

Eastern Market (I believe is the name) is a flea market there. LG hasn't gone yet and it looks pretty fun, if you ask me.

Also, I'll be on the lookout for used book stores. I'll be spending too much there too.

I'm excited. A little scared out of my mind for the drive, but other than that, I think it's going to be a good weekend. I need this. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

There are so many things to do and lots of great bookstores and markets! Paper Source is nice and I love their Paddywax candles. If you come Friday night there is an outdoor 80s film festival and a jazz concert for free.