... no one in this godforsaken town I live in knows about:
1) The definition of socialism (i.e. Obama's not a socialist, I know enough to know this)
If you really want to talk socialism though, you may take a look at the definition: "An economic system in which the basic means of production are primarily owned and controlled collectively, usually by government under some system of central planning." Hmmm, I don't know about you, but those bank bailouts are probably closer to socialism than any other government aid. (Oh, also, it's still not socialism. It won't be. Really, this argument is lame.)
Unless, of course, you want to give your money away to corporate America so they can pad their pockets more. That's fine... but then I don't want to hear you complain about the next thing you know nothing about.
2) History. "Handouts", aka: Welfare, has been around since the 1880s in some parts of the world. Anyone who thinks "handouts" are wrong -- I hope they lose their job and are denied aid. Then they can lose their house, a way to feed themselves and sleep on the cold streets. Also, I hope they contract the bubonic plague, because they'll have a hell of a time getting medical treatment. Enough said.
3) Respect. Calling one another dumb "townies" and "whores" makes you look stupid, ignorant and immature. Go back to Kindergarten and learn some manners and social skills. Otherwise you will die alone and miserable with no friends. When you act as immature as the person arguing with you... well, you look just as stupid as they do. Also, sending out racist text messages is not respectful. (I'm one of those dumb "townies," but even I know that racism is ridiculous. I'm not intimidated by someone's skin color, therefore I'm not racist.)
4) Humility. Be humble. You are not King or Queen Shit. In the words of Ben Folds, "There is ALWAYS someone cooler than you." Usually those people are the ones who you think are "below" you.
5) Being open. Change happens. Politically speaking, before today, it happened 8 years ago and another 8 years before that.
Also, I have a feeling that racism is at the root of some of the rants I'm reading (not all, but some -- for example, racist text messages which I mentioned above).
Ok, so... let's approach this. He's got darker skin. This is because of the different combination of pigments in his skin. Most people are darker skinned than me. I'm ok with that. It's just a matter of genetics and/or sun exposure. No one can do anything about their skin color.
You can do something about your intellect though.
What I'm trying to say is GROW UP and get over yourselves.
No one likes a little whining idiot.
No one likes an ignorant prick either.
More of this country likes this latest presidential pick than they liked the last one.
And everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves. I mean, haven't all you had a chance to prove yourselves? Aren't you continuing to get the opportunity?
Yes. Everyday. We Americans are quite spoiled by the fact that we get the opportunity to prove ourselves each day. I only hope that with this latest change, more people get the opportunity to get a job (because currently, it's next to impossible (this is where "handouts" are a good thing, so that people don't starve or commit suicide)), get an affordable education, make a life and be happy.
This is the end of my angry rant.